Saturday 3 August 2013

Simple Complex and Compound

Simple Complex and Compound
 Simple Sentence : ज्या वाक्यात एकच कर्ता व एकच मुख्य क्रियापद असते त्या वाक्यास simple sentence म्ह्णतात
 उदा.
 In 1982 she become blind.
 Seeing the cat, the mouse ran away.
 With Kapil Dev's entry it was a different ball game.
 Inspite of being small, he offered to fight the giant.
2)  Complex Sentence: दोन वाक्य subordinate conjunction(that, when, who, which, though. if, unless, so, so--that, as soon as etc.) ने जोडले असल्यास त्याला Complex Sentence म्ह्णतात. उदा.
 It was in 1982 that she became blind.
 When the mouse saw the cat, it ran away.
 When Kapil Dev entered, it was a different ball game.
 Though he was small, he offered to fight the giant.
3) Compound Sentence : दोन वाक्य co-ordinate conjunction( and, or, but, yet etc.) ने जोडले असल्यास त्याला Compound Sentence म्ह्णतात. उदा.
 The mouse saw the cat and ran away.
 Kapil Dev entered and it was a different ball game.
 He was small but he offered to fight the giant. 



Observe the following compound , complex and simple sentences 

1.     I walked straight to the village and bought myself two dozen penny exercise books.

Simple: Walking straight to the village I bought myself two dozen penny exercise books.

Complex: After I walked straight to the village I bought myself two dozen penny exercise books.

2.     I picked up my pen and gazed out the window.

Simple:  Picking up my pen I gazed out the window.

Complex: As I picked up my pen I gazed out the window.

3.     I flung it on the table and set to work again.

Simple:  Flinging it on the table I set to work again.

Complex: As soon as I flung it on the table I set to work again.

4.     I dispatched the completed manuscript and promptly forgot about it.

Simple:  Dispatching the completed manuscript I promptly forgot about it.

Complex: When I dispatched the completed manuscript I promptly forgot about it.

5.     I went upstairs and began to get it down.

Simple: Going upstairs I began to get it down.

Complex: When I went upstairs I began to get it down.

6.     I took it straight away and showed it to John Angus.

Simple: I took it straight away to show it to John Angus.

Complex: I took it straight away so that I could show it to John Angus.

7.     I had successive ideas of specializing in dermatology, surgery and so on but discarded them all.

Simple: In spite of having successive ideas of specializing in dermatology, surgery and so on I discarded them all.

Complex: Though I had successive ideas of specializing in dermatology,  surgery and so on, I discarded them all.

12 comments:

  1. Thank you so much .It helped me a lot 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see this post. As you had mentioned here about this wonderful article featuring snow. It is really great job!
    https://kingsmedicalcenter.ae/departments/laser-hair-removal/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice examples.
    It reminds old syllabus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice one..
    It's a very easy to understand..
    Thanks 🙏🙏

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so easy nice examples👌

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice examples easy to understand

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice examples.easy to understand 🔥🔥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice helpful to everyone

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Share your views. Your suggestions are welcome.

Featured post

English Grammar Online Test

Instructions :  1. Choose the options carefully .  2. There are different grammar based questions .  3. Choose the appropriate cou...