Monday 30 December 2013

Writing Skills







Interview a disable person who has achieved a unique success.

Interviewer : Hello, Sudhaji Good morning.
Interviewee : Good morning.
Interviewer : Ma’m, I would like to know about your successful journey in life.
Interviewee : Yes, it’s a long and colourful filled with difficulties.
Interviewer : How did you loose your leg?
Interviewee : In an accident. That shocked me. I worried about dancing .But the confidence and faith made me not only stand on my feet but also dance.
Interviewer : How did you overcome that?
Interviewee : While learning dancing I had many difficulties. Thanks to ‘Jaipur Foot’. The support of doctor and parents helped to regain my confidence.
Interviewer : Is the film ‘Nache Mayuri’ based on your real life story?
Interviewee : Yes, it is. I myself have acted in it.
Interviewer : What do you like to tell the disable?
Interviewee : You will never know unless you try.
Interviewer : Thank you, madam for sharing your life story with us.

2)Imagine your friend has passed the std-X examination with a distinction in spite of his/her being seriously ill during the examination. Write a letter congratulating him/her for the success.
X.Y.Z.
Marine line,
Mumbai-400001.
30th Dec 2013.
Dear Reshma,
Heartiest congratulation on your brilliant success in S.S.C. examination .I am proud of you. In your earlier letter you have mentioned about your illness during the examination. You have beaten the hardship. You have sought distinction in the exam so it will be easy for you to get admission in the college of your choice. You should remember one thing .Study keep mental intact. Playing and exercise maintain physical health. Skipping exercise and play for study, is not a worthy idea. It make us ill at the eleventh hour.
Why should I give you a sermon at the hour of rejoice? You are aware of the advantages of sports and other extra-curricular activities. Please do write soon and often.
With best wishes to all our friends.
X.Y. Zed

3)Imagine that the editor of a newspaper has made a general appeal to send opinions for ‘view-counterview’ column of the newspaper on the topic ‘should there be a law to force children to look after their old parents? Prepare your write up with the help of following points.
X.Y.Z.
Marine line,
Mumbai-400001.
October 22-2013


Sub:- write up on ‘should there be laws on to force children to look after their parents?
Sir,
As per your appeal, I forward my write up. Looking after old parents is must. But by laws, no way. The care and worry for the parents should be heartfelt. The law will compel the children to keep parents at the home but not at heart. No court can make children feel worried about their parent. Law helps those who make complaint. Would parents take legal action against children? They would prefer to suffer. Values are not taught, these are to be caught . Elderly people should be well protected and given the due care . It is the responsibility of the children . If any youth does not bother to look after his parents, instead of punishing that youth , his parents should be given helping hand by govt. or NGO. the government should open old age security home.Enforced help will do no better job.
Kindly publish my views in your esteem newspaper
Thanking you,
Yours obediently,
X.Y.Z
4)Imagine that you are staying in a government hostel, you feel extremely Home sick. Write a letter to your parent explaining that how much you are missing and remembering them. Also state about your study progress and examination.
Jijamata Govt. Hostel
15,Nehru Park,
Aurangabad-431002
20 September 2013
Dear father,

Since long I have not received your letter or any phone call.These days I feel homesick. If I were a bird, I would have been with you at present. I am eager to meet mother, little Sony and you. I miss you a lot. My first term exam is about to be held in the next month . I have to prepare for that but my homesickness takes me away from study. You need not worry. Just send a letter and family photograph along with additional one thousand rupees to buy Alarm watch. Our teacher of English is a kind and disciplined person. Under his guidance, I am improving myself. My room mates at hostel are studious and of helping nature. Convey my regards to mother. Remember me to Raju, Ahmad and Christopher.
Yours Lovingly

X.Y.Z. `


5) On the occasion of a ‘Mother’s Day’ write a letter to your mother thanking her for the valuable thing you have learnt from her
Gujarati Govt.Hostel
15,Nehru Park,
Aurangabad 43002
October 22-2013
Dear mother,

Celebration of ‘Mother’s Day’ made me think about you. At hostel I really miss you . I remember you and the thing you taught me. You inspired me to go ahead and kiss the world .You made me take interest in reading newspaper . That made my awareness about the world. You taught me to respect subordinates too. Man should be treated as man It is from you I got my confidence. Your teaching enabled me to face the challenges of life.I am really grateful for the thing you have taught me. Thanks a lot.
Wish you very happy Mother’s Day’

Your loving son
x. y. z.
7)Your school has arranged an excursion or trip to Hyderabad. write a letter to your father asking for the permission and Rs150as the fare.
X. Y. Z.
East Hostel
V. M. V. College,
Amravati
February 13,2014
Dear father,
I find myself stumbling to write you a letter. I know that paying me extra would burden you. Another reason that stumbles me is that I know not how to start the letter. I am short of words and full of emotion suddenly I feel homesick .
I write this letter with special purpose. Our school has organized a picnic and educational tour to Hyderabad. I want to join them .The fare of the tour is Rs.-1500. I hope you will say ‘yes’ as always you do. Dad, please send Rs-1500 with your love and permission, love to mother ,Chotu, and uncle.
Your Lovingly son
X. Y. Z.






8)Prepare a letter addressing to the editor of a newspaper highlighting the road mishap problem in your area.
X. Y. Z.
Red villa,
Marine line
Mumbai-400001
2 March 2008
To,
The Editor,
The Indian Express,
Mumbai-o4

Sir,
I humbly bring your attention to the problem we are facing since long.The road mishaps in our area have become a grave problem for us. Due to the worst street, uncovered manholes potholes, encroachment along the road side and ever increasing traffic the area has become a death trap.
Despite several appeals the concerning authorities have turned a deaf ear. Diversion of traffic through other road will avoid the accidents


Yours truly, X. Y. Z

9) Imagine that your friend really needs a confidence building message. Write him/her a letter communicating the same advice.

SanskaNiwas
Sai Gruh Niman Society
Gadchandur-442908
Sept.15,2014
Dear Ganesh,
I am really shocked about your decision of discontinuing the study the reason behind that made me surprised. Failure or low score is not the end. You scored low in H.S.C. and want to discontinue study.
It’s not good to quit when thing go wrong. Stick to your effort, you might succeed next year. Many courses are available after H.S.C. Join one of them. Remember ‘quitter never wins, winner never quits’.
success may be near when it seems after so think over your decision with positive outlook.
Please do write soon and often.





Yours lovingly ,
x.y.z.




10) Write a letter to your mother expressing your point of view as a teenager on the issue of domestic duties.

T-10 Rathsaptmi Apt
Laxmi Nagar,
Nagpur-440001
Sept.16/2013
Dear mother,
I read your letter recently. It should your love and worry for us. You cited your teenage in the letter that will work guideline for us. As a teenager we should take interest in domestic duties as the school
and college learning, one has to perform domestic duties. These can not be learnt at once from any book. Teenage is the right time to expose us to don’t understand why only girlchild is exposed to
and burdened with domestic duties.Performing the duties is fun, if done with interest.



Your loving son,
X.Y.Zed


3 comments:

  1. excellent site
    keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful blog on English Language. I am a regular reader of your blog. English is becoming a prominent language in every place.
    Best Spoken English Class in T Nagar | Spoken English Classes in T Nagar | English Speaking Course in T Nagar Chennai | English Coaching Classes in T Nagar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really I enjoy your site with effective and useful information. It is included very nice post with a lot of our resources.thanks for share. i enjoy this post. 어린이 영어

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Share your views. Your suggestions are welcome.

Featured post

English Grammar Online Test

Instructions :  1. Choose the options carefully .  2. There are different grammar based questions .  3. Choose the appropriate cou...