Monday 2 September 2013

UNIT TEST Class XII




Q. 1. (A) Read the activity, read the following extract and do all the activities given below it. [12]
1. Complete the statements.                    2

i) The narrator’s faith in Chaitanya gave her _______
ii) Chaitanya was not a_____  child.
iii) Chaitanya was a ______ child.
iv) Chaitanya had interest in__________

My own faith in Chaitanya started giving me abundant strength. I no longer wanted to hide myself from the glaring eyes of the world. I took him around with me. He went with us everywhere like any normal child. We were not sorry or uncomfortable carrying him around.

If I required help for him in public places, I was not embarrassed to seek people around. I did not mind telling them that he was a special child. I was not scared of people’s curious look and awkward questions. I could talk about Chaitanya’s problem calmly. As my mind opened up further, I could discern new hope springing in my heart. I felt happy I was a Special Mother.

The special school did Chaitanya a lot of good. He was now a much more confident person, adored by his teachers, his friends and his school staff. His speech improved and expression became clearer. His social manners become laudable.

Academically he was still lagging behind the expected standard of learning but it was okay. He started developing an all-round interest in craft, art, music dancing and sports. Early in 1997-98, when he returned from state level inter-school sports, he had two prizes to his credit and a silver medal. He had won his laurels in athletic events and silver medal in running race.

A2 Correct the following statements about Chaitanya                                                       2
I) Chaitanya had no improvement in special school.
II) He neither developed interest in craft and sports.

A3. Write the impact of the special school on Chaitanya?                                                  2


A4. Give the meanings of  A) abundant B) special C) laudable D) lagging behind
A4. State in what way  you can help such a special child and his/her family?             2

5. Rewrite in the ways instructed            2

A) I took him around with me. [Change the voice. ]

B) When he returned from state level inter-school sports, he had two prizes to his credit. [Name the clause] 1



B. Do as directed (1mark )

1 -- dry Thar Desert is ---most popular tourist destinations in India. [Fill in the blanks with articles]

Q. 2. Read the following extract and do all the activities.

If you accept counsel without getting sore

And re-assess yourself in the light thereof

If you pledge not to be obstinate any more
And meet others without any frown or scoff.

You may be the person I am looking for.
A1  Complete the table.                               2
Column A                                  Column B
1. Accept advice.        A. without irritated
2. Introspection          B. Not getting sore
3. Pledge.                     C. In the light of advice
4. Meet people.           D. Not to be stubborn
A2  State qualities of ideal person according to the poet.                                                      2

A3. Note down the rhyming words and rhyme scheme.                                                 2

A4. Compose two lines of your own about your ideal person.                                         2
3. Write a letter to the editor of The Indian Express about the problem garbage in your area.

OR

Write an imaginary piece of dialogue between the king Amrit and his minister Chandan.


1 comment:

Thanks for visiting. Share your views. Your suggestions are welcome.

Featured post

English Grammar Online Test

Instructions :  1. Choose the options carefully .  2. There are different grammar based questions .  3. Choose the appropriate cou...